Thursday, September 1, 2011

Somthing to write home about


The sign says, "Welcome to the Land of Enchantment." The locals take it with a grain of salt.

In a nutshell, I packed up all my favorite stuff and ran away to New Mexico. 580 miles is a long way to come without food, money or a plan for room or board in order to begin an education I haven't paid for. All I knew was that this was where the Gods wanted me to go - the way things were looking when I started this journey, the smart thing to do would have been to stay home, save my money and go to community college. Hardly the way I would have wanted it, the experience was a f****** ordeal, and I had a few breakdowns to show for it. In fact there's little I wish to say of the matter to the wide, wide world.

However I will say that I can see how I was prepared for this trial with several [relatively] smaller ones before stepping into this one. Kind of like unit tests building up to the exam. Gods know it's the only way I survived it. They even furnished me with far better than I would have settled for. I'm not out of the woods, but I rather think this is a good beginning.

[Many, many thanks to Ms. Katherine R. (and the other fine young women) for much patience... and use of the couch. Glad to share Albuquerque with the likes of you.]

No comments:

Post a Comment