Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 99 of 100

I have a relationship with my Gods and my Goddesses. They speak to me, flow through me and are the reason for every blessing I've ever known. I've heard the term "god-slave" spoken in derision and can hardly wrap my head around the idea. Subservience simply does not equate to a true relationship with deity. In fact having a connection with the Divine at all shows a commitment inherent in the participation. In whatever form that dialogue takes, be it prayer, witchery or monastic vow, the very exchange of responses depends on your willful involvement. If witches, we workers of magic who mingle with gods and spirits, are truly a free people, then how can there be any "god-slaves" among us? I'll take the cop out answer and say, "No way that I can think of." An expert I'll not claim to be, but considering modern magickal peoples and cultures, my generalization seems reasonable enough.

The advice from the gods has been more reliable than my own in my experience. Those whisperings became instructions when I grew fluent enough learn from listening. Eventually I'll be able to register beyond an intellectual level that as the dialogue between yourself and the gods becomes clearer, you realize that you speak with the same voice.

The reception from here isn't so bad though. In fact I've had some meaningful communications of late, which include the go-ahead for a rather intensive project called the 100 Day Challenge. Hosted by Co-Create Our Reality, the mission is create your inspired reality in 100 days - just long enough to stretch your powers of commitment and determination and (thankfully!) short enough to provide people like me some sense of near accomplishment. Some goals that other participants are working on include getting a better job, losing weight or finding love by using the Law of Attraction and direct action to succeed. Not to mention the deadline for certain procrastinators. Exactly the structure I needed to flesh out my formerly sketchy goal of becoming a better magician.

So here's my goal and game plan. Modern Magic by Donald Michael Kraig has been the text of choice as far as my solitary study goes, however I've neglected any consistent practice - which keeps it from being a practice at all. Action is decidedly a part of my ongoing dialogue with deity and one I mean to improve. By October 8 I maintain a steady practice and have completed all studies through chapter 4. In 100 days I am a magician. Actually, by starting yesterday, in 99 days I am a magician making it that much closer.

The future's looking bright.

1 comment:

  1. Joli,

    You have two qualities that I have truly admire, and they are that you receive revelations from your Gods and Goddesses, but also trust in those messages. It is a special gift that you possess.

    You brought up an interesting point of "god-slave," which I remember Kenaz Filan discussed in his blog (http://kenazfilan.blogspot.com/2010/08/filan-and-krasskova-on-ordeals-and-god.html). He says specifically, "To be a Godslave means, essentially, exactly what it says: I am the property of a Deity. I have committed myself to this relationship and given up personal agency to a degree that triggers the hell out of many who hear the term.... I am a tool for Him. I do not think that is a bad thing. I believe knowing one’s place is good and natural and allows us to truly shine."

    Although of course this was not the main point of your post, I'm curious: what are your thoughts on his defense of god-slavery?

    ReplyDelete